Twine Assessment: Depression Quest


  1. What is your reaction to the text you just read or viewed?

    As someone with major depression it's fun to see my perspective coming from someone else. The concept of how many options there are but some being crossed out based on the players accrued mental health feels very realistic to my own encounters. The bars at the bottom were really interesting in showing your current levels in differing categories. I'm at the part about reaching out to a therapist for the first time.

  2. What connections did you make with the story that you read? Discuss the elements from the work that you were able to connect with.

    As I mentioned the story hits home for me personally. It makes me wonder how those without depression would read and understand it, as that is the purpose for the games creation. I can connect with everything they talk about, the butterfly effect of choices, the paranoia of what others are going to think, the fear of opening up about something even you don't understand. It's all very real and wider spread than it seems to be. 

    3. What changes would you make? What changes would you make to adapt it into another media? What type of media, and what changes would you make?

    If I was going to turn this into another media... a visual game might be fun, an rpg in which walking around, who you talk to and what your current mood unlocks access to in regards to exploring the world. There could be a small map, with energy level bars and based on choices made in discussion and through physical actions/exertion you would be able to access, or lose access to specific areas. There could be a character design so that you can truly connect with the character you are playing rather than trying to put yourself in the physical headspace by reading the passages but experiencing it through a 2D character.

Comments

  1. Hello! There isn't a spot to comment on the blog other then here. I played your game and it was brilliant. Having a child as the host is very cute and I found myself wanting to impress the kid which is nice. You went very in depth and their was a lot of world building present. Overall great job I was very immersed. Only thing is done of the images showed up? I don't know what quite happened but thats the only issue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts